About the Shepshed Lions Charity Carnival.
Shepshed Carnival will be held on Bank Holiday Monday, 30th August 2021, Covid rules permitting.
This will be the twelfth Carnival to be held since Shepshed Lions revived the event is 2009, and it has become one of the central events in our community’s summer calendar.
The carnival is run by a local charity and all proceeds made from the carnival go to charity – mostly local good causes. It is organised, run and staffed entirely by volunteers, and if you would like to volunteer your time, or to get involved in any way you can, all you need to do is email Bill Holland on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The carnival has two main aims:
To celebrate our town, our culture and our community in a spirit of fun and friendship and to provide the community with an affordable day out.
To raise funds to support local people, make lives better and and help those most in need in our community
To date, the carnival has raised nearly £40,000 for great local causes. We would like to thank our sponsors, stall holders, arena acts and the very generous people of Shepshed who support our event each year. We really do appreciate all the support you give to us.
List of Charitable Donations by Shepshed Lions Club.
The following list relates to donations made by Shepshed Lions Club to charitable good causes in the local community. They relate to groups, individuals and projects undertaken to support those less fortunate in the community who we are happy to help. Over the years the Carnival proceeds enabled us to help the following groups:
- Scallywags Play Group.
- John’s Ambulance Service.
- Belton Scout Group.
- Charnwood Road Baptist Church summer play scheme.
- Neil Academy of Dance.
- Pushchair purchased for a local disabled child.
- The Woodland Trust environmental project.
- Dolphin Children’s Swimming Club.
- Ox Lea Primary School Gardening Club for purchase of a greenhouse.
- Shepshed Community Christmas Lunch project.
- Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal.
- Shepshed Scout Group.
- The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal for local homeless people.
- Churches Together Summer play scheme.
- Glenmore Community Centre Kitchen Refurbishment.
- Miracles Children’s Charity Group.
- Shepshed Girl Guides Group.
- Autistic Society.
- Libra Traumatic Head Injury Support Group.
- Changes Group for Disadvantaged Adults with learning difficulties.
- Diabetes UK.
- Dexter Stock, a baby with spinal injuries, for the purchase of Specialist Child Seat and Harness to enable hospital visits.
- Pedestrian, a charity supporting inner city children.
- Blackbrook Explorers Scout Group.
- Hind Leys Pre-school group.
- Carpenter’s Arms Food Bank.
- Donation to 3 local Scouts towards attending International Jamboree.
- MacMillan Cancer Nurses.
- Medical Dogs charity.
- Shepshed Dynamo Juniors Football Team.
- Shepshed Food Bank.
- Alfie Smith, a child with Cerebral Palsy, to purchase specialist equipment to aid his development.
- The Alley Group.
- Shepshed Youth Basketball Team.
- Breast Cancer Research.
- Ebola Appeal.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- Hind Leys School Garden Group.
- Junior Exon, a baby with serious illness to assist the family to take him for surgery in America, not available in the UK.
- Leicestershire Lifeguards, for training the Community First Responder Group.
- Loughborough Academy of Dance.
- Shepshed Dynamo Junior Football team.
- Shepshed Swimming Club.
- Zakk Marks, a severely disabled child to purchase specialist equipment.
- Aspire Autistic Group Summer play scheme.
- Field Street surgery to purchase vital medical equipment.
- Forever Angels for child illnesses.
- MS Society.
- Shepshed Swimming Club.
- Shepshed Toy Library.
- St.Winefrides Playgroup.
- UK Flood Appeals.
- Shepshed Volunteer Bureau.
- Annual OAP Luncheon.
- Botolph’s School 4+ Unit to purchase play equipment.
- Supply of biscuits and food vouchers at Christmas to members in our community who are needy and deserving at the Festive Period.
- Passion Youth Club.
- Disabled children and young adults visit to Ashby Statutes Fair.
- Shepshed Amateurs Football Club.
- St Botolphs Primary School.
- Diabetes UK.
- Belton and Hathern Scouts.
- Sight Savers.
- NCHA Bridge Street Project.
- Bella Oakley.
- Hope Against Cancer.
- Education for Parents.
- Movement Monkeys.
- East African Famine.
- Manchester Bombing Appeal.
- Forever Angels.
This list is not exhaustive but evidences the variety and extent of good causes the Shepshed Lions Club has supported over recent years.
Shepshed Lions Club has also supported a number of young people who visit developing countries to assist with the building of schools and clinics, or have taken part in educational projects in those countries.
They are also part of Lions Clubs International, with Clubs in over 200 countries worldwide. As part of this organisation we have an obligation to support disasters all over the world, providing Humanitarian Aid. This is administered locally by Lions Clubs in the local area of the disaster. No more than 5% of our charitable funds are spent in this area of our work. Every single penny that is raised by Shepshed Lions Club is spent on charitable good causes.
We look forward to seeing you at Glenmore Park on Bank Holiday Monday, 31st August 2020 – please come down, help us celebrate and raise even more for our community, and please remember, every single penny raised goes to charitable good causes.